Sunday, March 17, 2013

Introduction and what we are all about

First I would like to start off by letting everyone know I hate blogs and the only reason I am doing this is to cash in on the millions to be made out there in the bloggishpere! That being said, the real reason I am doing this is because I spend so much time talking about it with my friends and co-workers, I figured I might as well write it down and share our knowledge. So with that, lets get started...

First, about me. I am 28 years old originally from Colorado and have been in the Army since 2002. I will not be talking about the military in my posts, the only reason I bring that up is to provide some credibility to my posts on survival. I am not an expert at anything survival, but I do have a passion for it and spend entirely too much time thinking/talking about (just ask my wife for verification).

Second and most importantly, what this blog is all about. Survival is serious business and is talked about way too casually all over the web in my opinion. I spend a significant amount of time discussing, researching, and planning for any and every possible survival situation and find most of the YouTube videos and Forums seriously lacking in the areas of practicality and frankly, its leading people down the wrong path. The prime example of this is the "72 hour bag", I find it ridiculous to pack for 72 hours. The #1 place for surviving is in your homestead, you should make all attempts to maintain what you have in your established living area, if it is time to "bug out" you should have no expectation of returning, thus your bag should be filled with sustainable and multi-use items. I don't want to get carried away with stuff on the intro, but that's the aspect we will take in this blog.

I am not going to commit my life to this (mostly because I am not getting paid), but I will post regularly, I am shooting for weekly to start. I can't promise excellence, but I can promise good articles will be posted and it will be inexpensive, practical ways to survive like a cockroach!

No comments:

Post a Comment